2: Today


Your genuine action will explain itself, and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing. The force of character is cumulative. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

[In celebration of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s 208th birthday… we pledge to write... #Trust30.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If ‘the voyage of the best ship is a zigzag line of a hundred tacks,’ then it is more genuine to be present today than to recount yesterdays. How would you describe today using only one sentence? Tell today’s sentence to one other person. Repeat each day.

(Author: Liz Danzico)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come back. I shall “repeat each day” as instructed... but only for the month of June.


June 1
I wish I were the one leaving for vacation.

June 2
There is a towel on the floor by my bed and I can’t help but wonder why no one has picked it up and thrown it into the ring on my behalf.

June 3
It's possible the only relationships I don't eff up are those between me and my boys.

June 4
'X-Men: First Class' is the far superior X-Men movie except for that whole Summers family chronology thing.

June 5
I dislike yard maintenance quite intensely.

June 6
In ten days I'll have a sixteen year old in the house.

June 7
White blood cell powers activate!!!

June 8
I miss the summer vacations of my childhood.

June 9
It feels like Friday which means it should be Friday, damn it!


2 comments:

  1. Well, clearly I didn't read the directions correctly. Interesting. I am intrigued and will check in each day, curious to see what the sentence will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known you for, what 8 months now? I find it hard to believe that you fuck, no I won't censor myself (at least not today), up ALL the relationships besides the ones you share with your boys. You seem to be a good person and a great Mom, so I find it hard to believe that you are irresponsible with other relationships in your life. Besides, what other relationships matter?
    Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. That and a bag of chips, and you'll have salty fingers.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin