3: Belief


It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

[In celebration of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s 208th birthday… we pledge to write... #Trust30.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?

(Author: Buster Benson)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belief. Wow.

Beliefs are faulty. Weak. Individual beliefs change as often as some of us change our hairstyles or even our shoes. Passion in a belief is not enough to protect it. One must have faith. Complete trust in the intangibles of a belief is its strength. And… I’m not just talking religion though the words “belief” and “faith” traditionally summon up religious discussion even when not intended. Remember, people actually believed this planet was flat.

What do I believe?

Renewal.

It’s a broad term, I realize.

Renewal.

If I were not able to be renewed then I would no longer live on this earth. I live in a body that, due to various chemical imbalances, often takes over for the not-so-good. Depression often leaves my loved ones wondering how to reach me. Mania often leaves me picking up the pieces, living with the circumstances of vital decisions made in an unhealthy state of mind and wondering exactly what happened last week… last month.

Renewal of Mind.
Renewal of Spirit.
Renewal of Body.
Renewal of Hope.
Renewal of Soul.

Renewal: This I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin