4: Post-It


That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him. Where is the master who could have taught Shakespeare? Where is the master who could have instructed Franklin, or Washington, or Bacon, or Newton? . . . Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakespeare. Do that which is assigned you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

[In celebration of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s 208th birthday… we pledge to write... #Trust30.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment (ie I don’t feel passionate about my work) and turn it into a question (ie How can I do work I’m passionate about?) Write it on a post-it and put it up on your bathroom mirror or the back of your front door. After 48-hours, journal what answers came up for you and be sure to evaluate them. Bonus: tweet or blog a photo of your post-it

(Author: Jenny Blake)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post-Its posted. They read:

"How do I resurrect within me the murdered and
buried traits that I need to be wholly me again?"

I’ve got a skip day to ponder this little development that I’ve chosen to never actually write down. On Sunday I may or may not have something to write about it.

[Jeopary Music]

It's 2256 on Sunday and I've got nothin'. Really. Truth is: I would have to go pretty far into the rabbit hole of my mind to deal with this particular question and that isn't the wisest course of action at the moment. It is deep and dark in there. I am already battling the urge to slip into a few months of severe melancholia. Spelunking in the brain cave would only make that worse. I find it best to stay up here on the surface for the time being. I'm not shallow. Not really. I'm a survivalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin