5: Travel Is My Tequila



If we live truly, we shall see truly.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

[In celebration of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s 208th birthday… we pledge to write... #Trust30.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have this friend who claims she can’t drink tequila because it makes her clothes fall off. In short: It’s her weakness… her drug. For my closest friend it is music. Clarification: Ridiculously amazing guitar.

Me? Travel is my tequila.

Travel excites me more than pretty much anything. How blunt can I be to illustrate this point? I am an incredibly sexual being who has been celibate far longer than I care to admit; however, if I was offered one amazing night with a gorgeous and skilled man OR one day in London all expenses paid… I would choose London. I can find a man in London but I can’t find London in a man. Ditto for Prague, Sydney, Edinburgh, Manila, Santiago… you get the point.

Therefore, this question is evil. E-V-I-L! My “I want to visit…” laundry list is actually pretty short. It reads: “Everywhere!”

And, yet, I have a place in mind. It’s a place where I have already traveled rather extensively because I lived there: Kenya. Duh. I’m homesick. Really, really homesick. It’s been a long and painful sixteen years since I set foot on the African continent. There is also the not-so-small fact that I desperately want my boys to visit the country where I was raised. It is vitally important to me.

What will I do to make sure I get there… with two other individuals in tow? I don’t have a damn clue. Publishers Clearing House? Generous benefactor? Lottery? Sugar daddy?

1 comment:

  1. This blog is a great source of information which is very useful for me,i really appreciate with your blog.Thanks for sharing.
    tequila

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin