9: Bene Gesserit



“The other terror that scares us from self-trust is our consistency; a reverence for our past act or word, because the eyes of others have no other data for computing our orbit than our past acts, and we are loath to disappoint them.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


[In celebration of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s 208th birthday… we pledge to write... #Trust30.]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emerson says: “Always do what you are afraid to do.” What is ‘too scary’ to write about? Try doing it now.


(Author: Mary Jaksch)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I think we have pretty much established here that I will write about pretty much anything. And… if I don’t write about it here then I’m definitely writing about it somewhere. It’s what I do. I purge. There have been times I’ve written things and then burned the pages. That’s serious purge. I have kept my sanity by purging my fears on paper since I was in elementary school.


What is ‘too scary’ to write about? Nothing, really. So, I give you this:


“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear... And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear is gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” ~Frank Herbert, Dune



3 comments:

  1. That mantra has stuck with me...for years...

    I admire you, the courage you show in your writing...and your sense od humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does it make me a science fiction/fantasy geek that I knew your title Bene Gesserit was from Dune?

    Perfect Quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I, are birds of a feather in this regard. As you are well aware I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin