Brain Questing


A friend of mine was leaving work this afternoon when, in the course of the usual “see you later” discussion, I blatantly suggested we go out for dinner. She accepted. I don’t really have the money for dinner… not after this past weekend when I treated another good friend and fellow single mom to a night out. She needed it. And, quite apparently, I must look like I need dinner tonight for my friend offered to pay. 

Then this happened:


Yep, I announced to my entire Twitter feed that I had no desire to be alone with myself. Awesome. I always have been brutally honest to a fault. Someone should stop me. Maybe. Okay… not, but a filter would be nice.

And then, before I could complete my post, this happened:


With my boys staying with their father for the bulk of the summer, I have more time on my hands. It is not time I am particularly fond of having. When they are here I don’t get much time to be overly cerebral. The sheer madness and cacophony of motherhood prevents it. When I am alone… it comes at me regardless of what I am doing… from every angle. I can be cooking, writing, reading, walking, working out (more of that should be happening), watching TV or any other manner of activity and my brain will find an opening and start to over ponder, well, everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!

Dang brain questing.

“Where does it come from—this quest, this need to solve life's mysteries when the simplest of questions can never be answered? Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we'd be better off not looking at all. Not delving, not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here.” ~Heroes 1.1, TV Show



7 comments:

  1. Again I say, "Get yer chemically imbalanced, not-so-happy, in-dire-need-of-a-vacation ass HERE. Now." Actually that's not just me saying it. That's pretty much a unanimous demand from my household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spirituality is... the awareness that survival is the savage fight between you and yourself.
    --Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Dori. Take a break, go on vacation, let your brain curl up and sleep for a while. You completely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know I need a vacation; but, I work in hospitality which means now is my busy season. No one gets time off. Also... vacations cost $$. ;) I'm gonna start some planning though... figure something out.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin