Self-Talk


"Every waking moment we talk to ourselves about the things we experience. Our self-talk, the thoughts we communicate to ourselves, in turn control the way we feel and act." ~John Lembo

I have decided, sitting in this Barnes & Noble CafĂ© with not one starving artist but a lot of individuals substantially older than I (the others must all be at Starbucks), that I must do something different with my life. My days are far too ordinary. Not boring. Ordinary. Really. There is too much work to be done… never-ending parenting, chaos and, oh yes, the job. These things do not allow for an over-abundance of boredom. Not to mention, I find those who suffer greatly from being bored are as such because they are ultimately boring. I am not boring.

What?

What do you mean, "What?"

What do you want to do that is so different from what you are doing now?

I have absolutely no idea.

You better figure it out before you become bored or, worse, boring.

3 comments:

  1. So what would be your next step in setting this up energetically? What would you allow? What are you open to? Could ytou be willing to cede (some) control?

    Ah, process! Such the mistress... ;-)

    Namaste
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Beth, I've been asking myself a similar question. It suggested a blog post on the universality of bipolarity in the human psyche. For my moods change, and the boredom mood is where nothing seems interesting. I know you say that it's not boredom but ordinariness that bugs you, but I'd still put it to you that you are bored with the ordinariness.

    What I meant by universality of bipolarity was that perhaps everyone is bipolar to some degree. our moods change. I am not denigrating the severity of those who suffer from this distressing disorder, but suggesting that it's a spectrum disorder, because I have it in a mild form of sometimes being fascinated by everything all at once so that I cannot decide what to focus on; then at other times being unable to see much point in anything.

    Sorry to interrupt with my own self-talk. You carry on with yours, dear Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno, really .. am, at my time of life, discovering the word "patience'.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin